Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mazel Tov to Louis!

I love it when families call me back to work with them again.  I photographed Louis' sisters a couple of years ago, and I was so excited to join his family again for his Bar-Mitzvah, because they rock.  I often work with really, really nice families, but Louis' family combines that with a sense of humor and a love of family that just blows me away.  This kid.... excuse me... "young man" is an absolute hoot who is non-stop hysterical, yet is so tender and loving towards his sisters, cousins, and everyone.  And his mom's side of the family passes along this genetic capability to do this really weird thing with their mouths, so they make this crazy face all the time.  I've been trying now for almost three years to replicate it, but I can't for the life of me do it.

Special thanks to the ever awesome Dan Kullman of Bitter Jester Creative for backing me up!

Mazel Tov Louis!

-Sam

Louis, proud and tall.

Man this look is just so cool!

Louis looking all rabbinical.

Teaching his younger cousins how to read the Torah.  Isn't this what being a Jewish adult is all about?  This is a kid who gets it.

Here's that family face I was talking about.

The awesome room.

Spinning round and round in the hora!

More spinning...

And up in the air for takeoff!

Louis' Grandpa with an ear to ear grin.

One of Louis' buddies doing that dance... with the legs kicking out... one of these days I need to learn it's names, but it's really cool.

Rabbi Taylor and his wife very happy to be a part of Louis' big day.

Louis and his aunt.  What else can I say?

Louis' Mom and Dad having a dance.

Rocking out on the band's drums!

No comments: