Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Mazel tov to Josh and Caisie!

I just wanted to congratulate my friends Josh and Caisie on their new
arrival, Emily, who was born on January 30th.

This is a quick snap from Josh's camera phone (thanks Josh!), I'll be
heading down there in a week and a half to see what this little girl
is all about.

For now, I just have to say, wow... it all begins... Josh is the
first of my closest inner circle of friends to become a parent.
While I am certain that he is going through a far more surreal
experience than I am, I have to say, it is very weird to see someone
whom you've known since childhood, become a parent. I guess it's
because I remember what was like to be a kid with him, but there is
also another strange feeling that comes along... The realization
that Josh is the first of my close friends to become a parent. Which
means, of course, that there is the inevitability that more of us
will become parents as well, which, unlike most other significant
life milestones I've yet encountered, does not require some sort of
entrance exam or license.

Anywho, Josh and Caisie, congrats and all of the best in the world.
Emilie, welcome to the world! Now go cause some trouble. ;)

-Sam

No comments: