Friday, July 25, 2008

Congrats to Elysa and Dan!

Elysa and Dan got married recently in Clinton, OH. Elysa is the sister-in-law of one of my best friends, Josh, who's daughter Emilie has been featured on this blog a fair bit.

One of my other best friends, Orlando, backed me up on this gig. While he doesn't shoot that often, he definitely has game.

Here are a few snaps from the big day, enjoy!

-Sam

I've had good fortune lately with flower girls and ring bearers being almost unbearably adorable. This lucky ring bearer is going to relish this moment when he gets older.

Elysa double checking that veil!

Off to get some portraits taken, train in tow.

Lately I've been playing with Nikon Speedlights on small stands with umbrellas and brolly boxes. Actually, I've been using them this way for a long time, but mostly in labs and such for corporate shoots, but I've been using this setup more for weddings, which is so much fun, because I can just move them wherever really fast, and I don't have to worry about power outlets and everything, so I could go from a standard more frontal setup for the group stuff to a cross-lit portrait like this from the complete opposite angle from what I was shooting before in seconds.

Flower girls playing hide and seek.

Elysa and Dan's first big kiss! (well, as Mr. and Mrs...)

Exiting the church through a maelstrom of confetti and flower petals and bubbles.

The bridal party shows off some crazy moves.

At the ceremony site, a kiss as the sun sets.

A snuggly dance for the happy couple.

Elysa showing off her moves on the dance floor!

No comments: