Saturday, June 27, 2009

Brush your teeth! - Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine

One of my summer projects this year is to build a new image library for the School of Dental Medicine at Stony Brook University.

Of course, I'm always keen on day long crazy shoots where we run into a room, set up shoot, and break down all in a matter of minutes. While exhausting, it's my favorite sport. Spending the day at the dental school was no exception. The faculty and staff were exceptionally gracious with their time and cooperation, but I really have to give an extra special thank you to all of the patients who agreed to be photographed. Honestly, if I was getting a root canal and someone walked in with a camera, I'd probably be less than cooperative, so for all of those patients who played along - thank you ever so much!

The shoot was also fun for me, because I got to put some of the new tricks that I learned at the Joe McNally workshop into action (although, I confess that many of the shots were taken with available light).

Enjoy, and don't forget to floss!

-Sam

Spiffy new machine that CAT-scans your head.

Tooth fairies flutter about in the pediatric dentistry bays.

Fancy new haptic force-feedback surgical training device.

No comments: