Monday, March 24, 2008

Better Late Than Never - Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Realizing, of course, that St. Patrick's Day was a while ago, and that my town's parade was even longer ago, I still figured that now would be a good time to share some pix of Rocky Point's killer parade.

Despite spending my life living in Chicago where the annual parade was huge and they dye the river green, I never went to the St. Patty's Day parade before.  So I decided that Rocky Point's parade would be a nice time to start seeing what these parades are all about.  You know, start with something small.  Because RP isn't even a town, it's a Hamlet.

Little did I know, Rocky Point takes it's St. Patty's Day parade seriously.  VERY SERIOUSLY.  It lasted three hours.  I saw more fire trucks, high school marching bands, and kiltie bands than I have ever seen in my life.  It was awesome.

Before the parade began, local teens skated the streets looking for a good spectator spot.

Fellow spectators show their tongues to me.  Everyone seems to stick their tongue out at me.  I think it's funny.

Marines march is neat patterns, with neat shadows.

Puppy shadows.

And puppies in green for the occasion.

No comments: