Monday, March 24, 2008

Mr. Levitan Goes To Washington

This week my wife and I spent a few days visiting friends in and around Washington D.C.  It's been a while since we were there, and it's a neat place.  We saw some sights and the portrait of Stephen Colbert.


Everyone wants to see the Hope Diamond.  Only the little kids seem to get a good peek while adults try to cram their cameras in to get a shot.  I think it's funny, and I'm not sure why.

Lindsey relaxing above the dinosaurs.

Cherry blossoms in bloom.

My corner in Arlington, VA?

Again, I get weird and become strangely fascinated with a taxi cab car wash.

Neat old architecture in Alexandria.  I love old buildings.

The DC Metro is just so cool.  Again, I'm really weird, but I think the waffled concrete is so graphic and kitchy 1960's space age.

Georgie at the National Portrait Gallery and in my pocket.

People waiting in line for the bathroom... Well, actually the portrait of Stephen Colbert hanging up above the water fountains in between the bathrooms.  I took a drink.  ;)

No comments: