Friday, April 18, 2008

Georgia on my mind

Last weekend I went to visit my sister in Athens, GA, where she's getting her masters in Landscape Architecture.

My brother joined me on this visit, and while I had planned that we would both arrive at the Atlanta airport at roughly the same time, American Airlines had different plans.  They scrapped my original flight, but I was lucky enough to get on one seven hours earlier.  So I had lunch and decided to check out the Atlanta Botanic Garden.

Apparently the tree frogs on exhibit there were also killing time...  Well, two of them were, and the other two were trying to be polite.

Jittery Joe's!  I was super-excited to go to this coffee shop.  Long story, and I'll spare you, but I've been looking forward to going and having a cup there for about six years.

My sister, Emily, shows off one of her projects to my brother, Aaron.

Emily cracks me up.  Everyone else in her program has their scale people in their renderings stand, sit, walk stiffly.  Emily has hippies playing guitar in the park...

Or sunbathing while holding hands.

Go Bulldogs?

UGA is a really pretty campus.

One night we went to an art opening near some old mill thingie.  So I stood in the tracks to get this shot.  ;)

And back to NY!


Thanks for your kind attention, as always.


-Sam

No comments: