Monday, April 21, 2008

Sweeney Todd Promo Shoot

For the past few years I have been shooting some photos for Actors' Theatre Company.  This year, I photographed the promotional photos for their upcoming production of "Sweeney Todd."

You can find out more about their show at their website.

The shoot was pretty fun, with some interesting twists thrown in for good measure.  We shot it in the basement of the building that they rehearse in, which was totally perfect.  Dirty brick walls and floors, and full of that perfect grime that fits the show.  Conveniently (and I say that with much sarcasm), there was no power.  I was really pleased that I had carried my big studio lights with me, I needed the exercise.  Actually, I was very pleased that I've been learning as much as I can from strobist.com, and that I've been acquiring small flashes and other doodads like candy lately.  The scenes were lit with two brolly boxes overhead and two lights with snoots for some side accent light.  Way fun stuff.

-Sam


No comments: